Medisafe International in Brief
Medisafe introduced the “Sonic Irrigator” to the market in 1985. It was the first instrument reprocessing system to address the increasing challenges of complex / critical instrument cleaning / decontamination. Medisafe has maintained its market dominance by a program of continual education, innovation, research, development and advanced type testing / validation.
Today Medisafe install over 1000 new machines every year with 6 instruments being reprocessed every second. We manufacture in an Amtac quality environment (Amtac is the accredited body for certification of our ISO13485/ISO9001 management system, and the notified body for approval of our Class IIB and Class III medical devices) to UL, CSA, CE requirements and comply with ISO 15883 – HTM2030 – HTM 01-05 standards / guidelines for washer disinfectors and IEC 60601 / IEC 601 Electrical safety standards. We offer a full range of instrument washer disinfectors ranging from worktop to full hospital size pass thru machines.
We strive to innovate.
Clearly complex instruments will require complex repeatable reprocessing systems…
With the new surgical advancements made over the past decade – it’s reasonable to assume that most surgical procedures in the future will ideally be carried out with the “minimum of invasion.” Type “Trans-luminal” or “incisionless surgery” into your internet tool bar and you will get an indication of how complex surgical instruments will be in the future. These new complex instruments will be expensive and therefore require complex repeatable reprocessing systems. We will continue to lead the market with innovative solutions as surgical techniques continue to evolve!
We’re passionate about our products and product development and how they benefit our customers. Medisafe are constantly innovating to meet the needs customers have today and the expectation they will have tomorrow.
Medisafe Growth in More Detail
Since Incorporation in 1991, Medisafe has grown from a single product concept to an ISO9001 / ISO13485 registered company with around five factories in the UK and sales to over 50 countries. In the UK office alone we speak 21 Languages!
- USA– in 1999 we opened Medisafe America LLC to cover the US market from its base inFlorida
- Germany– we opened Medisafe Germany GmbH in 2002, these operate as sales, service and support operations
- Norway– We have a regional office in Oslonow run by Alison Noëland who originally joined Medisafe in 1995
- Argentina– Katy Howliston operates our South American office fromBuenos Aires
Our growth is largely due to well-manufactured, innovative products, well positioned in new growth and emerging markets. Today, Medisafe is recognized globally as the “Market Leader” in the decontamination of complex and critical surgical instruments – we continue to increase our R&D program.
- 2005 we opened our new ‘in house’ research and development facility to give us even greater speed control and flexibility over new product design. 3D CAD technology is used to validate designs – validating the design before prototyping and then manufacture
- 2006 Medisafe Fabrication was opened, facilitating faster response to market requirements, faster prototyping and enabling us to offer a broader range of products to the market
- 2008 Our new large equipment assembly plant opened where the Niagara Si Ultrasonic, Niagara Si PCF and the new Express are manufactured. – We also now supply hospital autoclaves to compliment the Niagara offering
- 2011 – Medisafe opened a “Knowledge Centre” as well as installed the new dental equipment flow line to ensure continuous and consistent manufacturing of all dental equipment.
We recognized early on, that to grow safely we needed a diversity of products and services that could provide a steady order intake, an even cash flow, innovation and market diversification to prevent exposure to market trends and competition. A good part of this has been achieved and we are now in a position to grow again…
There are some exciting products being released soon…
Lawrence Dawson – CEO